UPchieve Announces Acceptance into Fast Forward’s 2018 Accelerator Cohort
SAN FRANCISCO, July 2, 2018 -- Today, UPchieve is thrilled to announce its acceptance into Fast Forward’s 2018 Accelerator program. Fast Forward is the first and only accelerator for tech nonprofits. Fast Forward’s investments span beyond philanthropic funding to products and programs that bridge the tech and nonprofit sectors to build capacity for tech nonprofits. Notable alumni include One Degree, JustFix.NYC, Think of Us, Noora Health, SIRUM, and other trailblazing tech nonprofits. Fast Forward alumni nonprofits have impacted 4.7 million lives and raised $16 million in charitable funding after the accelerator.
This year’s class, consisting of 10 tech nonprofits, has built tech solutions to address society’s most pressing problems. The 2018 cohort includes tech built for refugees, for DREAMers, for those being harassed in the workplace, and for veterans facing mental health issues.
The following 9 tech nonprofits will be joining UPchieve in Fast Forward’s 2018 cohort:
- DREAMers Roadmap: A mobile app connecting undocumented students to hard-to-find college scholarships
- Dost Education: Mobile audio content that helps parents of any literacy level support their child’s early education success
- Empower Work: A real-time SMS hotline for workplace issues
- Learning Equality: An offline platform making open education resources globally accessible
- Objective Zero Foundatio: An app providing 24/7 mental health interventions for active military and veterans
- Peerlift: Platform connecting underserved high schoolers to exceptional college opportunities
- Tarjimly: A real-time translation app connecting the world’s 3 billion bilinguals to the 23 million refugees worldwide
- Upsolve: TurboTax for personal bankruptcy
- WeVot: A national, digital guide that leverages the power of networks to make voting easier
In keeping with its mission of inclusivity, UPchieve is excited to join an accelerator fully committed to diversity. Every team in the 2018 cohort has at least one founder who is a woman or a person of color. (UPchieve’s co-founders are a Hispanic woman and a lesbian.)
Through the Accelerator, UPchieve will receive:
$25,000 philanthropic grant
3 months of curated training
Meetings with over 100 mentors
Access to a peer community
2 Demo Days, where we’ll pitch to hundreds of philanthropists, funders, and CSR leaders
The Fast Forward Accelerator program is supported by Google.org, Omidyar Network, Comcast NBCUniversal, and BlackRock. BlackRock is hosting Fast Forward’s first NYC Accelerator sessions this year and Google.org will be matching engineers with teams for open source mapping. Returning partners include Zendesk, Twilio, Bloomberg, and Box.org, and new Accelerator partners include Okta, GM, and AWS.
The UPchieve team thanks Fast Forward for their generous support and looks forward to officially kicking off the Accelerator on July 18th!